Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Welcome to Music!


Welcome to Music!

I am so excited to start another year of teaching music at Citadel Park School! It has been a great first month as we review rules and routines in the music room. Below is some important information about music for the 2022-2023 school year.

Choir Club for grades 3 and 4 will start on Tuesday, October 4th. Choir club practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays during lunch recess. Choir will run from October-December. Choir will perform during the Remembrance Day ceremony, all assemblies, and will have extra songs to perform during the winter celebration.

Any musical parents interested in volunteer or guest speaking opportunities, please reach out to me! I am always looking to expose my students to musical folks in the community.

Students have been learning about beat and rhythm: keeping the beat of many songs, and reviewing note values. We have been singing and drumming along to many Cree songs and listening to Intertribal Powwow music.

In September, all grades work on the following 'I can' statements at different levels: 

                                                                I can keep the beat.

I can sing in a group. 

I can play rhythms with body percussion.

Please reach out to me at jimtowill@cbe.ab.ca if you have any questions about the music program. I'm also hoping this blog is mobile-phone friendly, so please let me know if it is difficult to read when you pull it up on your smartphone. 

Ms. Towill

No comments:

Post a Comment